[Samba] Logging-in takes 1 hour when changing computers

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:06:01 UTC 2018

I ran into a similar issue years ago with Samba 3.0.x in a classic
domain with roaming profiles enabled.     You could try disabling an
profile shares in smb.conf.   You should also unset any profile setting
for the affected users (this had been with pdbedit but maybe different
with an AD domain.)      I also believe there are group policy settings
you can set to disable roaming profile support on the windows clients.

Roaming profiles seemed great in theory.  In practice Outlook, IE , and
other browsers create large cache files that have to sync.   it also
seemed to be that when someone logged in or out, the computer tried to
sync ALL user profiles.