[Samba] What happens if I turn the DC off?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 18 08:51:11 UTC 2018

Yes, PC's wil notice it.

I suggest.
Powerdown the DC, replug the power to outlet and boot the DC.
If the DC is only DC, then this should be done within a few min.

Now switch the UPS Battery. Test the UPS.

Users stay authenticated but yes, the will notice slow down.
But its only a few min.

I really advice the above, because if the UPS is old, the battery might blown up,
resulting in, giving you a headage in replacing the battery quickly.
but thats my experiance with UPC battery replacements..
If the battery has expanded to much you even wont get them out.
Know that, been there.. ;-)

Greetz,

Louis