[Samba] Cannot authenticate as guest to domain-joined Samba 4.7.0 fileserver when map untrusted to domain = auto

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Tue Jul 17 18:53:41 UTC 2018

----- Original Message -----

Rowland,

Yes, if I do not use '-W' then it works as expected, mapping to the
guest account. However, the use case I am trying to make work is
having a local account on a Windows 7 client access the share as guest.
Windows will always pass along the workgroup of the local account so
there's no way for me to omit it. How can I allow successful guest
mapping in this case?

Thanks,

Andrew