[Samba] 4.4.8 - There is not enough space on ...

Jeffrey Johnson jjohnson at umn.edu
Tue Jul 17 16:02:52 UTC 2018

I recently upgrade an older version of Samba (3.x) to a less older version
of Samba (4.4.8) and now have users reporting the following error.

There is not enough disk space on home (servername).  You need an
additional XXX to copy these files.

I see some older posts referring to adjusting, *min receivefile size = *
*0, *however I do not have this set and the default is 0.

I don't see anything in the log files to point me at anything, if have
checked to make sure quotas are turned off

# quota -v user
Disk quotas for user (uid 1001):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit
timeleft

Solaris 11

# pkg info samba
             Name: service/network/samba
             Category: System/File System
             State: Installed
             Publisher: solaris
             Version: 4.4.8
             Build Release: 5.11
             Branch: 0.175.3.18.0.3.0
             Packaging Date: February 28, 2017 03:48:25 PM
             Size: 75.55 MB
             FMRI: pkg://solaris/service/network/samba@4.4.8
,5.11-0.175.3.18.0.3.0:20170228T154825Z

smb.conf