[Samba] Sysprep joins fail on Samba >= 4.2.0

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Mon Jul 16 16:13:52 UTC 2018

Hello,
I switched recently my AD from w2k3/w2k8 to samba-4.8.3 and I have the
very same problem. When I join my w2k8r2 and w2k16 machines manually,
the domain join works flawlessly. As soon as I do a sysprep with domain
join it fails, w2k8r2 just hangs endlessly, w2k16 finishes the sysprep
but does not join the domain. If you say it worked with pre 4.2.0 maybe
I should do a git bisect to find the offending commit. Has anybody else
the issue and maybe has resolved the same?

Cheers,
        Thomas