[Samba] smb2 create

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 16 15:07:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 10:53:10 -0400
rac8006 at aol.com wrote:

>  If it was happening on 4.0.0 I would know.  The reason this problem
> is detected is that the disk will not sleep while this is happening.
> The windows PC's are logged in with user rac.  The uid 1002 is for
> rac.  I think there is something wrong with the smb.conf file.  I
> don't use the rac folder on network device.  But there is an entry
> for an rac share.  The smb.conf information is generated by the web
> interface used to configure the network device.  I think there is a
> problem with the rac entry. rac is not a valid user of rac share.
> I'm going to change the smb.conf file and see it that is the problem.

The problem is coming from Windows 10 , but 4.0.0 isn't reacting, so
nothing is written to the disk, so it goes to sleep.

I repeat, you have a Windows 10 problem, something on the Windows 10 is
spamming the Samba machines, you need to find what this is. Samba is
doing nothing other than reacting to this 'spamming'.

Rowland