[Samba] Continued Group Policy issues

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Mon Jul 16 12:07:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks for clarification.

However, we held back from implementing your suggestion and observed
that after about 40 odd hours from the initial publishing of the
policies, all clients connecting to any of the Domain Controllers
started to get the policies. No client was throwing any error while
applying the policies from any of the 4 Domain Controllers.

Does it mean that "idmap.ldb" is taking time to replicate automatically?
Or is it some other issue? Nothing interesting about this is logged in
samba. Sysvol is getting replicated as soon as any policy is added or
modified or deleted on the first domain controller.

Basically we are implementing "Software While Listing" policies and
these are defined as computer policies. The error started to show up
once the policy was linked.

Any hints on this behavior?

--

Thanks & Regards,