[Samba] smb2 create

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 16 08:02:35 UTC 2018

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 23:47:37 -0400
rac8006 via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Why is a windows 10 pro system issuing a sequence of smb2 commands
> every 30 seconds or so?

Go on, I give in, why is YOUR windows 10 pro system issuing them ?

> SMB2:C CREATE(0x5), Sh(None), QFid, File=NULL@#15679 followed by
>
> SMB2:C QUERY INFORMATION(0x10),Class=Query FS Full Size,
> FID=0xB7CD3148(NULL@#15679) Folowed by
>
> SMB2:C CLOSE(0x6),FID=0xB7CD3148(NULL@#15679
> Not sure why this sequence starts or stops.  But it can run for hours
> at a time.  This is happening with samba 4.3.11.  It does not happen
> with samba 4.0.0

Are you sure it isn't happening with 4.0.0 or was it just not
reported way back then.

Both 4.0.0 and 4.3.11 are EOL as far as Samba is concerned, have you
tried a supported version.

If your Win10 machine is contacting Samba every 30 seconds, this
is nothing to do with Samba, it is coming from the Windows client. You
need to find out what on the client is sending the commands.

Rowland