[Samba] Distro and release recommended

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 13 15:33:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:52:03 +0200
Markus Dellermann via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2018, 16:24:20 CEST schrieb Rowland Penny via
> samba:
> > On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:55:23 +0300
> >
> > Eli Wapniarski via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > > Opensuse
> > >
> > > Everything is there.
> >
> > Are you sure, I thought OpenSUSE suffered from the same problem as
> > red-hat, i.e. MIT kerberos, and there wasn't a distro AD DC package
> > available.
> >
> > Rowland
> I mean with openSUSE Leap-15.0 this has changed.
> It seems there is also a yast-modul for ad: "yast2-samba-provision"
> Also in openSuse-build-service you can easy build what you want for
> older releases, too
>
> Best Regards
>

> Markus

Have you tried it ?
Does it work ?
There are several problems with using MIT on a Samba AD DC, so it is
still regarded as a WIP.

If you are going to use the openSuse-build-service, then surely this is
the same as just building Samba yourself and there are a lot of
establishments where this is not allowed.

Rowland