[Samba] Trust changes in Samba 4.9

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 13 00:59:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-07-12 at 20:55 -0300, Elias Pereira wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Andrew!!!
>
> Maybe in 4.9.1 appear? :)

In general, no.  Patches for new features generally wait until the next
major release, we generally only fix bugs during the release series.

There are always exceptions and grey areas between bugs, functionality
improvements and new features, but we keep it that that way so upgrades
between each point release are predictable and less risky.

The procedure to include bug fixes in a release branch is described
here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning#Release_Branch_
Checkin_Procedure

I hope this clarifies things,