[Samba] DRS and DNS sync are not working after update from 4.8.2 to 4.8.3

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 11 09:31:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 08:13 +0000, marcel at linux-ng.de wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I had some off list conversation with Aleksey and wanted
> to give an update on our findings (s. below).
>
> I'm currently preparing a test stack with
>      ldb 1.4.0 (without lmdb support)
> and
>      samba 4.8.3
> build on top of it, to check whether lmdb support causes
> the mentioned trouble.

I can asssure you this is an intended an deliberate feature of ldb
1.4.0 on top of versions of Samba < 4.8.  I'm sorry for not putting in
a blocker against the compilation.

There really isn't any need to test --without-ldb-lmdb, this pid check
was specifically requested to be generic, not limited to the lmdb
backend.

> An on a site note:
>
> When compiling ldb 1.4.0 with "--without-ldb-lmdb" a general
> error occurs during "make test":
>
> "make test called, but ldb was built --without-ldb-lmdb"
>
> Is this behavior intended?

Yes.  We have a history where patches to make part of tests optional
have on multiple occasions caused tests not to run at all, so we lock
down the selftest to operating with the full feature set.

I hope this clarifies things,

Andrew Bartlett