[Samba] classicupgrade questions

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Tue Jul 10 10:14:15 UTC 2018

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2018, 08:55:19 CEST schrieb Michal via samba:
My mailer (kmail) is broken...

> b) After upgrade, a lot of imported users in AD have "account
> disabled". One of them, as far as I can remember, was user "anger":
> dn: uid=anger,ou=People,dc=nspuh,dc=cz
> objectClass: shadowAccount
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: OXUserObject
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: sambaSamAccount
> uid: anger
> shadowMin: 0
> shadowMax: 9999
> shadowWarning: 7
> shadowExpire: 0
> cn: anger
> preferredLanguage: EN
> userCountry: Czech Republic
> mailEnabled: OK
> lnetMailAccess: TRUE
> OXAppointmentDays: 5
> OXGroupID: 500
> OXTaskDays: 5
> OXTimeZone:: RXVyb3BlL3ByYWd1ZSA=
> loginShell: /usr/bin/ksh
> uidNumber: 270
> gidNumber: 20
> homeDirectory: /home/anger
> sambaSID: S-1-5-21-......-1540
> employeeNumber: 114
> sambaPwdLastSet: 1344931739
> mail: anger at nemuh.cz
> mailDomain: nemuh.cz
> o: UHN a.s.
> givenName:: WmRlbsSbaw==
> sn: ANGER
> gecos: MUDr. Zdenek Anger
> ou: -
>
>   Why is imported/upgraded account locked?
I do not know, maybe the "OX..." attributes, maybe the base64 encoded
values, maybe something else.

> c) After upgrade, national characters in (probably) user description
> and givenName are not correctly displayed - there a question marks in
> the names (in AD administration), every user (with national
> characters in their names) has the problem.
>   Why?
# echo -n WmRlbsSbaw== | base64 -d ;echo
Zdeněk

If an attribute contain non ascii characters its value is base64 encoded.

The field separator in ldiff changes from colon to double colon. Maybe the
migration is written by a native english (wo)man. They often do not think
that "umlaute" and accents are used.

--

Gruss
	Harry Jede