[Samba] Repadmin fails when querying Samba server 4.7.6

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 10 08:35:17 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-10 at 10:27 +0200, Ing. Claudio Nicora wrote:
> I can hardly follow your suggestion:
> - my Windows server is 2008R2 and I can't easily upgrade it to 2012

That is fine, windows 2008R2 should be easier.

> - Samba 4.7.6 is the latest available on Ubuntu repos
>
> Since I'm testing full migration to Samba, I'd like to stay on the safe
> side and avoid building from sources.

Then I'm sorry, I can't really help.

> Is there a way to trash/rebuild/force that single object synchronization
> that is causing the issue?

I doubt it is a single object that is causing the issue, the same would
happen on each object.

> I've already tried to unjoin that machine (MYPC) from domain and rejoin
> it, but the error came back.

As I say, I would start with the current version for maximum chances,
or just make the migration a one-off an don't run Samba and Windows
side-by-side.

Andrew Bartlett