[Samba] Errors "Domain password server not available" and (samba-ml: samba at lists.samba.org exclusive) "SPNEGO login failed: The request is not supported"

samba-ml.20.dignative at spamgourmet.com samba-ml.20.dignative at spamgourmet.com
Mon Jul 9 09:54:11 UTC 2018

On 2018/07/09 11:15, Rowland Penny via samba - samba at lists.samba.org wrote:
> At first glance it looks like your Ubuntu server is trying to use
> NTLMv1 against something that no longer uses it.
>
> Can you post your smb.conf and tell us what your windows servers are ?

Hi Rowland,

thank you very much for your quick response. Yes, please find my reduced
smb.conf attached below. I have just removed the 20+ share definitions
we have; they are all similar to the example one displayed.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you any details about the Windows servers
since they are centrally managed (by another organizational unit) and I
don't know much about them.

Kind regards and thank you for your support,
René

[global]
    workgroup = [REDACTED]
    local master = no
    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    wins support = no
    wins server = [REDACTED]
    dns proxy = no
    realm = [REDACTED]
    security = ads
    domain master = no
    domain logons = no
    machine password timeout = 0
    kerberos method = dedicated keytab
    dedicated keytab file = /etc/opt/quest/vas/host.keytab
    idmap uid = 1-2147483647
    idmap gid = 1-2147483647
    encrypt passwords = yes
    lanman auth = no
    ntlm auth = no
    use spnego = yes
    log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log
    max log size = 10000
    syslog = 0
    server role = standalone server
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Entersnews*spassword:* %nn *Retypesnews*spassword:*
%nn *passwordsupdatedssuccessfully* .
    pam password change = yes
    map to guest = bad user
    usershare allow guests = yes