[Samba] Avoiding packet fragmentation for UDP 750

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Fri Jul 6 15:55:09 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to prevent packet fragmentation for winbind => Samba DC
traffic on UDP 750 (Kerberos) due to VPN encapsulation.  I have TCP MSS
adjustment set to prevent this for TCP but I'm trying to solve for this
traffic too without modifying MTU which would affect other traffic.

It isn't clear from the documentation the effect of max xmit.

Thanks,
Arthur

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.