[Samba] Windows 10 and logon script execution

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 6 09:31:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:58:37 +0200
Jean-Hugues Belpois via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
> It is a non-AD domain, but Win10 machines join the domain without
> problems.
>
> No plan to move to AD shortly, any other idea to fix the problem?

It is your domain, but Microsoft seems to be trying to stop the use of
WIN 10 with an NT4-style domain, so you may come in one morning and
find that none of your Win 10 clients can contact the domain.

If you haven't got any plans to migrate, then I suggest you get some.

Your problem is very probably one of the things that Microsoft has
stopped working, they could have removed the code that looks for the
logon script in smb.conf, because it expects it to be in AD.

Rowland