[Samba] client @0x7f6ed800bc20 172.16.5.86#62582: update 'campus.company.intra/IN' denied

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:53:35 UTC 2018

@Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org>

The link below indicates that the error message may come from windows

"In the default configuration a Windows client will try to register its
name with A record in the DNS domain it thinks it belongs to."
https://docs.menandmice.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6360958

Tomorrow I'll create a GPO to disable this option. Do you think it is safe
to disable this option in windows?
https://dougrathbone.com/blog/2010/02/23/stopping-windows-from-updating-dynamic-dns

--
Elias Pereira