[Samba] Migrate openLDAP into Samba AD

Jakob Lenfers lenfers at bigsss-bremen.de
Mon Jul 2 12:24:03 UTC 2018

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 10:19:29 +0200
> Jakob Lenfers via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> You can extend the schema, Samba even supplies a script to turn
> openldap schemas to Active directory ldifs and it has the imaginative
> name of 'oLschema2ldif'

Thanks, will check it out.

>> - Is it feasible to authenticate and feed some user settings to
>> services like dovecot and nextcloud with a Samba AD?
> We have a wikipage for dovecot:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_Dovecot_against_Active_Directory

Thanks, I'll probably use the ldap interface instead, since I need more
than only authentication. Postfix needs to know email addresses and
dovecot quota as well.

> Try an internet search for 'nextcloud active directory' or 'nextcloud
> kerberos'

Nextcloud works out of the box, but if I want to manage quotas there,
I'll need to use extra attributes...

>> - How would I edit my attributes? I doubt there will be a tab in the
>> windows dialog (dsa.msc) we use now...
> No you cannot use windows tools, but you could write your own scripts,
> or use something like Linux Account Manager (LAM)

... which I need to configure somehow. Does anybody have good advice in
that regard? GOsa seems to be dead (that's what we are using now, I fear
 it'll die with our last server supporting PHP5), LAM has to be rented,
which I cannot do. Maybe I'll just use a general purpose LDAP client,
then I'll be independent from that kind of developments. But if anybody
is in a similar situation and has a good tool I missed, I would be grateful.

I guess I'm leaving the lists topic, sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Jakob