[Samba] DM 3.6.25 -> 4.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jul 2 10:03:15 UTC 2018

Am 2018-07-02 um 11:10 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:

>> We ran *without* specific keytab on samba until saturday. Should I get
>> rid of that maybe?
>
> I thought the keytab was a long term one (you can hardly call 'since
> last Saturday' a long term ). You do not need /etc/krb5.keytab, Samba
> maintains another keytab in memory and this is very probably where
> your '277' is coming from.

OK!

I remove only the 1st line or both?

kerberos method = secrets and keytab

Restart services? Reload/SIGHUP only?

-

additional issue/question:

the Server itself is called "samba" and has an netbios alias "u1customer"

The GPOs all point at "u1customer" ... do we have to specifically
announce/register that 2nd name in ADS somehow?