[Samba] netsamlogon_cache.tdb & winbind.

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 10:43:18 UTC 2018

All,

I wonder if someone can give me an idea what the file "netsamlogon_cache.tdb" contains... as I have noticed that I can be added to a group, and access will not appear on the Unix side for a good deal of time... but if I stop Winbind, remove the file "netsamlogon_cache.tdb", and re-start everything, it will then work.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this file is, and if there's any way to control the time data is cached for.
--
A. James Lewis (james at fsck.co.uk (mailto:james at fsck.co.uk))
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people