[Samba] Joining a windows 2008 R2 controller to sernet samba 4.2.7

Christophe Borivant cborivant at devinlec.com
Tue Jan 30 11:39:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

We have a sernet samba 4.2.7 dommain controller running centos 6.7.
The functional level has been raised to 2008 R2
samba-tool domain level show
Domain and forest function level for domain 'DC=xxxxxxxxx,DC=com'
Forest function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Domain function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

We are trying to add a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller.
We follow https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Windows_Server_2008_/_2008_R2_DC_to_a_Samba_AD.
If we run dcpromo, it keeps asking us to run adprep on the Linux domain controller.
Does anybody have any clue ?