[Samba] resetting my domain controllers to factory settings

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 28 16:43:42 UTC 2018

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:29:55 +0000
niya via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> hi
> i would like to reset my domain controllers to factory settings,
> is it enough to just rerun the provision command again on the dc with
> the fsmo role
> then rerun the provision/join command on the second one dc ?

It all depends on what you mean by 'factory settings' ?

If you don't care about any changes you might have made, then you can
do what you propose, turn off all the existing DCs, start one and
re-provision it as a new DC, then join the other ex-DCs to the new AD
domain as new DCs.

If you need to retain any changes you have made to your AD domain,
then no, you cannot reset to 'factory settings' ;-)

Rowland