[Samba] Replication Problem win2k8r2 uppercase Attribute

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 20:19:25 UTC 2018

As far as I know (tried it myself :) ), dbcheck won't fix it. I had the
same issue in samba 4.5. The way I dealt with it, was when updating to
4.7.x. I added new temporary DC with 4.7.x, allowed it to replicate all
data (no uppercase errors in this DC), then for all DC's i one by one:
demoted DC, removed samba (complete wipe), and installed fresh 4.7 and
re-joined it as DC (same hostname and IP). Of course I had to be careful
with FSMO roles, that is I had to move them between reinstalls.

In the end all my DC's were updated and database without this ou/OU or
cn/CN error.

Of course You can do this without actual samba update, you just have to
install "fresh" samba with version not affected by this error and join
as DC, then recreate all DC's.

Maybe there is less "invasive" method, but I didn't know about it, and
anyway I wanted to update DC's, so wasn't an issue for me. And now
ldapcmp shows everything in order.

Regards,

Kacper Wirski