[Samba] Adding Share Windows ACL

Micha Ballmann ballmann at uni-landau.de
Sat Jan 27 10:35:53 UTC 2018

Hello,

i also fired up a new vm :) and configured "rid" backend. I followed all
step in
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs.

Sett the Attributs in smb.conf:

vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = yes
store dos attributes = yes

Granting the SeDiskOperatorPrivilege:

# net rpc rights grant "SAMDOM\Domain Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U
(successful after trourbleshoting)

Adding Share (i just copy and paste the example):

# mkdir -p /srv/samba/Demo/
# chown root:"Domain Admins" /srv/samba/Demo/ --> NOW WORKING BECAUSE I
SET UP RID BACKEND
# chmod 0770 /srv/samba/Demo/

smb.conf

[Demo]
        path = /srv/samba/Demo/
        read only = no

-> Login to Windows with administrator and connect to FILESERVER via
"Computer Management" -> Chosing Demo Share and going to security Tab ->

Regarads

Micha