[Samba] Adding Share Windows ACL

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jan 26 12:45:42 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:25:58 +0100
Micha Ballmann via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> My File Server is a Unix Domain Member.
>
> And yes i ve done all this settings. First i got this Error:
>
> Enter SAMDOM\administrator's password:
> Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
> The username or password was not correct.
> Connection failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
>
> But the troubleshooting guide
> (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Member_Server_Troubleshooting)
> helped me to fix this problem. But im notable to set ACL with the
> administrator account.

You shouldn't try to login as Administrator on a Unix Domain member,
the user.map maps the windows 'Administrator' to the Unix user 'root',
so you use 'Administrator' on windows and 'root' on Unix.

Does 'getent passwd Administrator' produce any output ?
and if so what ?

You could try 'net cache flush' and see if this helps.

Rowland