[Samba] Is it normal printer objects in the samba db?

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Thu Jan 25 19:06:25 UTC 2018

Hi Denis,

> I have about 400 users and 400 computers. But my samba db has about
> 40000 objects. I think it is so much.
>
> I have watched a lot of printer objects associated with the computer
> name on which they are attached.
>
> Is it normal ? Can I delete all of these printer objects ?

Those printer objects are related to locally configured printer to
enable printer search in Active Directory. If you don't use printer
search in Active Directory, then you can delete those objects.

To avoid those objects to come back, you should apply a GPO on computer
objects to disable "Automatically publish new printers in the Active
Directory".

Cheers,

Denis

--