[Samba] roll back member server to VM snapshot

Mark Nienberg mnlists at tippingstructural.com
Thu Jan 25 04:20:06 UTC 2018

In trying to diagnose a domain member server problem after a samba upgrade,
I was tempted to roll back my server to a VMware snapshot taken before the
upgrade. However, when I looked at the log file "log-wb-DOMAIN" I saw an
entry that the server had changed its password on the DC since the snapshot.

How do I handle this if I have to roll back? Will I have to join the domain
again? Is it as simple as running the same command I used to join the first
time?

Thanks,

Mark