[Samba] Failed to finalize nt token

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jan 22 15:26:20 UTC 2018

Am 2018-01-19 um 14:08 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 2018-01-17 um 16:27 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>> Am 2018-01-16 um 16:09 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>>
>>> As mentioned "net cache flush" made it work again. Unsure what was the
>>> reason, though!
>>
>> today we had the same issue again and had to run "net cache flush"
>> again. The admin there googled this:
>>
>> https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1997592-winbind-samba-some-users-unable-to-authenticate-until-local-cache-is-cleared
>
> I will try to wipe /var/cache/samba later today, maybe we pull allong
> some old stuff in some old files (I see files from 2016 in there !?)

We had the whole server "crash" again: no connection to shares anymore,
admin rebooted.

just before reboot I noticed lines in smbstatus with value "-1" for user
and group (many of them, not all lines).

I thought I might fix that via "net cache flush" but that didn't work,
the command just didn't finish for quite a long time so I Ctrl-C´ed it.

Could anyone please help me fix this?

After the reboot users can login and work OK again.

I copied /var/log/samba to maybe find something in there ...