[Samba] Local user could not access share directory

Younger Liu younger.liucn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 09:32:16 UTC 2018

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:49:42 +0800
> Younger Liu via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I have some doubts. I have join samba server into AD domain whose
> > contoller is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.
> >

> > From wiki:
> > Keep the files entry as first source for both databases. This enables
> > NSS to look up domain users and groups from the /etc/passwd and
> > /etc/group files before querying the Winbind service.
> >
> > But when I use the same user name in "passwd" as in the domain. local
> > user could not access share directory. domain user name(likes
> > "ENAS\testuser") could access the share directory
> > Why "files winbind" in nsswitch.conf does not play a role?
> >

> You are using the winbind 'ad' backend, have you added anything to the
> users AD object (a uidNumber attribute for instance)
>
> You also seem to saying that you have users with the same name
> in /etc/passwd and AD, this is NOT allowed, the user should only be in
> AD.
>
> What OS are you using.
>
>Using CentOS7.2

I do not add anything to users AD object.

If local users are not same to AD users, they could access the share
directory.
Only local users which in /etc/passwd have same names in AD, local users
(such as: testuser) could not access share directory, But AD users (such as:
ENAS\testuser) could access share directory. Why?

As you say, the same name in /etc/passwd and AD is not allowed. Why?
​