[Samba] User Permissions issue

Harsh Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Fri Jan 19 16:43:59 UTC 2018

Hi Denis

I have upgraded my samba DC-1 from 4.6.12 to 4.7.4 which has solved the
replication issues between DC-1 and DC-2. Now both the DC's are running on
4.7.4.

Like Rowland said previously, you should remove all RODC that have been
installed prior to Samba 4.7. There are many fixes that have been added
since 4.6.
Before I remove my RODC's I like to clear out few doubts:
1. Instead of  removing RODC's running 4.6.x version of samba can I not
upgrade them to 4.7.4 version. Will it make a difference?
2. If I remove 4.6.x RODC's then can I use the same NETBIOS name and IP
Address for the new 4.7.4 RODC.
3. After upgrading Samba to 4.7 on RODC can I remove it from the domain and
then join it again.

I have upgraded one of the RODC from 4.6 to 4.7 and then when I run the
command to check replication it is giving the below error.
samba-tool drs showrepl
ONGWEDIVA\IUMONGDC01
DSA Options: 0x00000025
DSA object GUID: f7d666a9-eefd-4d27-99eb-4c79e1a6af31
DSA invocationId: 3396c36a-96dc-4e03-9c0b-5abfed607bc3

==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====

ERROR(runtime): DsReplicaGetInfo of type 0 failed - (8453,
'WERR_DS_DRA_ACCESS_DENIED')

*Harsh Kukreja *Systems Administrator
*International University of Namibia *Tel: 061-4336000 - E-mail: h.kukreja
@ium.edu.na - Web:
*http://www.ium.edu.na <http://www.ium.edu.na/>*Private Bag
14005,Bachbrech. 21-31 Hercules Street, Dorado Park, Windhoek, NAMIBIA