[Samba] Issue with LDAPS & Winbind

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Tue Jan 16 18:26:44 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

> Thank you for the information. I was under the impression that
> authentication was done through LDAP. I'm not sure what led me to this
> belief/understanding.
>
> How can I confirm that indeed my Linux member server is authenticating
> with Kerberos, and that it is encrypted? Is Kerberos traffic always
> encrypted?

On winbind I am not sure where it stores its service ticket. But on
Windows authentication would be done with kerberos too, you can check
with "klist" that you see that you have a service ticket for SPN
ldap/dcname.mydomain.lan.
An you can check that your LocalSystem account also has SPN for ldap
connection using psexec
   psexec -i -s cmd
      klist

Cheers,