[Samba] Failed to finalize nt token

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jan 16 15:09:50 UTC 2018

Am 2018-01-16 um 15:47 schrieb Denis Cardon:

>> *one* AD user is able to log into his Windows10 PC, but doesn't get a
>> network share connected.
>
> when you specify win10, do you mean that it works properly for that same
> user on a win7 workstation?

No. No win7 tested.

>> If I test that from the DM server or the DCs via smbclient it fails as
>> well.
>>
>> main # smbclient -L main  -U kamleitnerl%hispw
>> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
>
> If you want to reproduce the same behavior as your workstation, you
> should first kinit and then smbclient with -k:
>  kinit kamleitnerl
>  smbclient -k -L main

Ah, I see ...
Does every kinit change the current user context for the following
"smbclient -k" ?

As mentioned "net cache flush" made it work again. Unsure what was the
reason, though!

> And by the way, until 4.7, smbclient was limited to SMB1 because of unix
> extensions. If you want to have a better simulation, you should also
> change the "client max protocol" parameter.

Unfortunately gentoo linux doesn't bring me samba-4.7 as "stable"
package, in their portage package system they provide 4.5.10 as stable
and 4.6 and 4.7 as unstable. So I have to decide if to stay with stable
packages in terms of gentoo or in terms of upstream samba project.

And this in the context of having the DCs on debian, with LPH packages
... always difficult for me to decide between "latest release" and
"stable environment".