[Samba] Avoiding uid conflicts between rfc2307 user/groups and computers

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jan 15 12:31:00 UTC 2018

It should !
See also my script :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh

> It is not the SYSTEM user (that is a local user to the workstation, so
> clearly does not exist on the domain).
Yes it does. Look at "Builtin\system"  which is also "NT Authority\System.

> But still windows workstation, when accessing some shares with the
> SYSTEM user, try to logon with the machine account.
Correct, thats by design, and if you get access denied, you did hit the "winbind" "user SYSTEM" bug(s).
Fix, use acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes for now.

> So, suppose i have a computer called KAIN, i spawn a cmd shell in
> SYSTEM context and then i try to write to \\my_server\share\text.txt;
> workstation at a fist glance, try to acess using KAIN$ account, and if
> fail, do a guest access.
Yes, which is totaly correct.

> If KAIN$ account have no UID (and 'Domain Computers' have no GID),
> clearly share acess fail.
No, the computer uses system, but if you test manualy it sets the computername.