[Samba] How to migrating data from one samba server with "old" access config to new server with windows ACL?

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Jan 12 08:51:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

I try to find a solution for migrating files from a samba server with share access configure at share level in the smb.conf to a new fileserver with Windows ACL configured shares.

I did a rsync from the old share to the new server and tried to set the ACL on windows with the "Computer Manager“. But I get an error when applying the rights that the enumerating of objects in the container fails.

The new server is a samba 4.7.x

On other shares which are filled from scratch (no data migration from an old server) are working fine and use the ACL I add.

Any suggestion hints and tricks are welcome.

	Regards . Götz