[Samba] Sysvolreset

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Thu Jan 11 16:42:19 UTC 2018

Hi Carlos,

> DC to DC2/DC3 ->
>
>  /usr/bin/rsync  -XAaz --delete-after /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> root at samba-dc102:/opt/samba/var/locks/
>
>  /usr/bin/rsync  -XAaz --delete-after /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
> root at samba-dc102:/opt/samba/var/locks/

looking at your smb.conf file, you are using tdb idmap (default on DC).
So the UID/SID mapping will be different on the different DC, and your
rsync will thus mess up the ACLs of sysvol. ACLs on sysvol are very
important, otherwise GPO won't be applied.

So it is logic for you to have to apply sysvolreset after your rsync.

One way to avoid that would be to copy idmap.ldb from your first DC to
the other two DCs. The other way would be to configure rfc2307, but I'd
say it is too much of a hassle.

Cheers,

Denis

--