[Samba] Deploy software in fileserver folder

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:46:39 UTC 2018

Which GPO? Computer or User Configuration?

Remember that GPOs need to run as the context of either the computer or the
user. Computers typically do not have access to many folders on a file
server, even as "Everyone". That is why the NETLOGON folder works.

If you're deploying as a USER configuration, then it should run as the
context of the user, meaning the Everyone permission would work.