[Samba] Performance optimizations for small files and case sensitive-option

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Wed Jan 10 08:04:06 UTC 2018

Hallo,

thank you very much for your link. Unfortunately I cannot make all files
of all our users upper case. This is because all files that are stored
on our fileservers for all our about 12000 accounts can be accessed via
Samba but also via NFS from linux. Moreover even Users that usually work
with Windows, sometimes log in on a Linux machine and want to access
their files as well.

What I am unable to understand is why the efficient behaviour of "case
sensitive = True" cannot be achieved by a cache that learns all existing
files in the current directory so samba would have simply to look into
this cache and things should be as efficient like in the "case sensitive
= True" case without the disadvantages like the need to convert all
files to eg upper case?

Thanks
Rainer

--
Rainer Krienke, Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, A22, Universitaetsstrasse 1
56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49261287 1312 Fax +49261287 100 1312