[Samba] Replication Error

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Tue Jan 9 14:23:47 UTC 2018

Hi Harsh,

> Thanks for your response without your crystal ball.
>
> I have increased the log level =9 dns:0 on both the servers. It
> replicates successfully by manually running the command
>  samba-tool drs replicate SERVER2 SERVER1 dc=iumnet,dc=edu,dc=na --full-sync

--full-sync copy the whole partition and may hide problems. If there is
a corrupted entry in it, I guess it may copy it along too.

I've seen different execution/integrity check path for synchronization
in the past. For example when you join a new DC, I have seen initial
join replication happily replicating a corrupted entry. However if on
the same domain I would join the DC with --critical-objects-only, it
will join but won't be able to replicate the partitions afterward.

In your log file, you should look for the following lines and post the
10-20 lines before those to see which entry has problem:

  Failed to commit objects:
  WERR_GENERAL_FAILURE/NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE

> but it is still failing when I check from the samba-tool drs showrepl
>
> Also I run samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix on both the servers
> which didn't fix it. Please let me know how to check the replication Logs.

did you have any warning/error message out of dbcheck --cross-ncs? I
have seen quite a few issues with group membership after upgrade to 4.7
from 4.6.

> I will upgrade to the latest 4.7.4 to see if it fixes the problem.
>
> On some of the Win7 clients after the password reset when the user
> changes their password on the logon screen it keeps on saying " Your
> Password has expired and must be Changed" even after the password is
> changed. What can be the reason behind this issue.

can you try to change it with kpasswd on the DC to see if you have the
same behavior?

Denis