[Samba] Replication Error

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Tue Jan 9 11:22:39 UTC 2018

Hi Harsh,

> I am running Server-1 Samba4 AD 4.6.10 with an additional Server-2 Samba4
> AD 4.7.2 The Inbound replication on the Server-1 is failing with the error
> below:
>
> DC=iumnet,DC=edu,DC=na
>         Default-First-Site-Name\Server-2 via RPC
>                 DSA object GUID: 27182378-a9c7-451e-bb95-7b2172a5f311
>                 Last attempt @ Tue Jan  9 12:55:59 2018 WAST failed, result
> 58 (WERR_BAD_NET_RESP)
>                 15333 consecutive failure(s).
>                 Last success @ Wed Nov 22 13:48:30 2017 WAST
>
> Please help to fix it.

sorry, my crystal ball is on maintenance. We'll need some more
information. Increase your log level by adding the following line to
smb.conf:
	log level = 9 dns:0

It's going to be very verbose. You'll usually get the entry having
replication issue at the end of the replication log.

By the way, you'll should upgrade to 4.7.4, there has been quite a few
bug fixes since 4.7.2.

Have you run a samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs on your 4.7.2 server?

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon