[Samba] R: R: R: cannot list/access samba share from Windows client

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 8 19:46:31 UTC 2018

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 20:40:36 +0100
Andrea Rossetti <andy.ros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok.
> I’ve done
> root at SRVLNXWINTRA01:/home/data# nano /etc/samba/smb.conf
>
> modified
> idmap config COM_SPOLETO : backend = rid
> idmap config COM_SPOLETO : backend = ad

Unless you now want to start adding uidNumber attributes to your users
and gidNumber attributes to your groups, change it back. The 'rid'
backend calculates the users & groups IDs from the AD objects RID.

I do not use the 'rid' backend, I just tried to show you that it should
work.

Change it back then run 'net cache flush' again.

Rowland