[Samba] R: R: cannot list/access samba share from Windows client

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 8 19:30:42 UTC 2018

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 19:57:59 +0100
Andrea Rossetti <andy.ros at gmail.com> wrote:

> Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

OK, If I run this on a Unix domain member:

getent passwd samdom\rowland

I get no output, but this:

getent passwd samdom\\rowland

gets me this:

rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/rowland:/bin/bash

I use the winbind 'ad' backend and 'Domain Admins' does not have a
gidNumber attribute, but 'Domain Users' does.

getent group "samdom\\domain users"

gets me this:

domain users:x:10000:<list of group members>

Try running 'net cache flush' and then try again.

Rowland