[Samba] R: cannot list/access samba share from Windows client

Andrea Rossetti andy.ros at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 17:27:44 UTC 2018

Thanks for the rapid reply!

I think the problem was in the server role options I’ve modified it in  “server member” and now I’m able to list the shares under \\linuxserver from any domain user authenticated in a Windows pc AD member.
But now
1. Execute computer management from a Windows domain member client as a domain admin user (run as com_spoleto\rossetti.admin that is a “domain admins” member
2. Right click on computer management -> connect to another computer -> srvlnxwintra01 (the Linux server member)
3. I expand “System Tools” -> I expand “Shared Folders” -> click on “Shares”  right click on “share” -> Click Properties -> click on tab “Security”. In this tab I have the message “You musr have Read permission to view the properties of this object” even if I have granted SeDiskOperatorPrivilege to “com_spoleto\domain admins” Group. But If I execute “Computer Management” as “com_spoleto\adminserver” user (I explained below the reason I used this user) I can view/modify the ACLs.

Please see MY inline comments, and at the end of this message I pasted my modified config files:

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10