[Samba] Anonymous

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 7 01:42:48 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-01-06 at 18:07 -0500, Sandy Napoles Umpierre via samba
wrote:
> Hello, can you say me how I can deny in my samba  that some aplication can read my active directory users anonymous.
> ** Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 (5.5) **

Anonymous access is not enabled in either the Microsoft or Samba AD DC
by default, except to the rootDSE, but it can be turned on with a
dsHuristics flags.  Are you seeing anonymous access on your network?

Because this is the second time I've been asked, I did just try, and
this fails for me:

[abartlet at addc samba]$ bin/ldbsearch -H ldap://$SERVER -s sub
search error - LDAP error 1 LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR -  <00002020:
Operation unavailable without authentication> <>

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett