[Samba] Domain Administrator cannot map Samba Share from Windows 7

Matt Savin matt at tegers.com
Fri Jan 5 23:50:06 UTC 2018

Hello Mark,

Problem #1: on Samba file server, which is a member of Samba Active
Directory domain, you may need to map Administrator account to root:
/etc/samba/smb.conf:
# user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set privileges
username map = /etc/samba/user.map

/etc/samba/user.map:
!root = SAMDOM\Administrator SAMDOM\administrator
or
!root = SAMDOM\Administrator SAMDOM\administrator Administrator
administrator

Problem #2: In SQL script, try to map network drive using domain
credentials of the user who has write permissions to the share (drawback:
you'll have to specify user password in the command), e.g.:
EXEC XP_CMDSHELL 'net use X: \\OHPRSstorage\Backups\SQLServerBackup
/user:SAMDOM\USERNAME USERPASSWORD'
After that use mapped drive in the script.

Regards,
Matt

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Mark Foley via samba <samba at lists.samba.org