[Samba] accountExpires never representation?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 04:39:16 UTC 2018

I have been running experiments and I found an interesting multiple
representations of never expiring accounts.
I see when I create an account using the ADUC in windows 10 pro on
samba-dc-4.7.5-2.fc27
when I use ldapsearch to get accountExpires I get 9223372036854775807
if I set the account to expire I get the expected value for that date.
Here is the strange part when I set the account back to never expires
the value is then 0
So both 9223372036854775807 and 0 represent an account that never expires.
If I set the value using ldapmodify it shows the same in ADUC under
windows 10 pro.