[Samba] samba ad + which additional packages

Jo Fa balailong at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:49:18 UTC 2018

 Hi to everyone,

I started to set up my new Debian 9 installation to get samba working in ad
mode as domain controller following the samba wiki tutorial:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_
Active_Directory_Domain_Controller

Unfortunately, I always got stuck when I tried to list my smb shares with
smbclient with following error messages:

*SPNEGO login failed: An internal error occurred.*
*session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR*

I finally got it to work after hours of trial and error to find out that I
just have to install additional packages.
Since I am using: "krb5-user krb5-config winbind libpam-winbind
libnss-winbind" and of course samba.

Now, my Question is, which packages do I need for samba to work as a domain
controller?

Thanks for clarification.

Regards,
Johannes