[Samba] how to build wmic

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Wed Feb 21 22:03:29 UTC 2018

I was having an issue with domain authentication using the Zenoss build
of wmic and this build of wmic which was the latest I could fine:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/agents/wmic_1.3.16_static_64bit.tar.gz.

./wmic -V
Version 4.0.0tp4-SVN-build-UNKNOWN

sha256sum wmic
8eb375bdd9a9b20b88bdfca8686036fcd312bf82046acf7674a5a5358c9ae3fe  wmic

Local authentication worked with it  I forget what I was seeing in the
Windows event log for domain.

Domain authentication works with this python script!  I'm trying to
integrate it with Zenoss which formally used wmic from Samba.  Looks
like this is designed a drop-in replacement but not 100% feature
complete yet.

Thanks Andrew,
Arthur

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.