[Samba] Migration from 3.6.25-0ubuntu0.12.04.10 to 4.x with passdb backend = ldapsam

Vladimir Skubriev skubriev at cvisionlab.com
Wed Feb 21 15:18:30 UTC 2018

Using nslcd related to more newer versions on samba ?

Or it is a one of use cases how to setup authentication in samba through
openldap?

Is it possible to use sssd instead of nslcd ?

I already use sssd on machines to enumerate passwd, groups and done with
authentication.

I tried to found any useful data on the net in case of : samba4 standalone
openldap. But unfortunately does not found any useful information.

Nslcd came across my eyes, but I did not pay proper attention.

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:01:14 +0300
> Vladimir Skubriev <skubriev at cvisionlab.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for a tip.
> >
> > I want to setup a `STANDALONE` server relying on an external OpenLDAP
> > for authentication.
> >
> > Is it possible on samba 4.x - ?
> >

> Yes, but you will need to use nslcd.
>
> Rowland