[Samba] win2003 AD migration to SAMBA 4.6 - dnsupdate problem

Tomáš Havlín thavlin at spel.cz
Wed Feb 21 14:16:41 UTC 2018

Hello Denis,

1. KRB - I tried kinit from local terminal and got answer about troubles
with encryption, so I findout win 2003 ciphers, and put to krb5.conf
2. from wiki - Verifying the DNS Entries, If you join a Samba DC that
runs Samba 4.7 and later, samba-tool created all required DNS entries
automatically. To manually create the records on an earlier version, see
Verifying and Creating a DC DNS Record -
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Verifying_and_Creating_a_DC_DNS_Record

3. yes, resolv.conf is poiting to 127.0.0.1
4. you are right, krb5.conf are not identical, I forgot move it to
/var/lib/samba/private

now the situation is with identical krb5.conf files not contenting
rc4-hmac and weak cipher enabled, I got error like before, it means
troubles with ciphers. If I put lines to both files I got a new error -
dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable

I have tried to push dns updates, how you wrote - samba_dnsupdate
--use-samba-tool - 18 records synchronized, 2 failed with error
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (1383, 'WERR_INTERNAL_DB_ERROR'),
samba_dnsupdate ends with dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable,
Failed nsupdate: 1, Failed update of 2 entries

I hope I wrote everything important

regards
bB