[Samba] win2003 AD migration to SAMBA 4.6 - dnsupdate problem

Denis Cardon dcardon at tranquil.it
Wed Feb 21 13:44:40 UTC 2018

Hi Tomas,

> I want to migrate old 2003 domain to Samba - join SAMBA 4.6(DC2) to win
> 2003 domain like DC, move sysvol, FSMO, demote old server(DC1), etc.,
> etc. -
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
>

> My problem are DNS Updates, I have kerberos working (added enctypes =
> rc4-hmac for compatibility),

May I ask you where did you add that? Where did you read that you had to
do that? Could you try to just remove it?

 > SAMBA join without errors, I have created
> DNS records,

how did you create the records? Could you try the following on your two
DCs to force the update without going through the authenticated DNS process
  samba_dnsupdate --use-samba-tool

By the way, is your /etc/resolv.conf pointing to yourself? Is your
/etc/krb5.conf and /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf identical?

Denis

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems